In the News:
- Tune in today from 11-11:30 a.m to SiriusXM channel 111 to hear James May, Delaware Law Professor, on Knowledge@Wharton, a daily show from Wharton’s School at University of Pennsylvania that goes behind the headlines.
- A Closer Look: Why Does Public Television Have More Longest-Running Shows Than Other Channels – 24/7 Wall St. (12/12 – This article quotes Amy Franzini, associate professor and chair of communication studies at Widener University)
- Student Achievers – The Intelligencer (12/12 – Laura Geitz, a Widener student, is named in this article for her leadership role at the recent Common Ground event held at the National Constitution Center. The same article also appeared in the Bucks County Courier Times.)
- Winner of the Rotary Club of Chester’s “Joe Cirilli Scholarship at Widener University” – Delaware County Daily Times (12/13 – On page 10 of a special section on the Chester Rotary Club, Widener students, Jenny Metelus, a junior anthropology major, and Anish Sharan, a sophomore hospitality major, were named as honorees)
- PLW People in the News – The Legal Intelligencer (12/12 – Michelle Henry, a graduate of the Commonwealth Law School and first deputy attorney general for the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office, was honored with the 2017 Excellence in Public Service Alumni Award from Commonwealth Law School)
- Powell, Kerschner Named AFCA All-Americans
- Widener defensive end Casey Kerschner, a Cocalico grad, earns All-America honors – Lancaster Online (12/12 – Casey Kerschner, a Widener senior, was named to the American Football Coaches Association Division III All-America Second Team)