In the news:
- Widener University expands discounted tuition program — Philadelphia Business Journal (4/17 — Coverage of agreement between Widener University and city of Chester with President Dr. Julie E. Wollman quoted)
- York Immigration Court has denied most asylum — but why? — WITF online (4/17 Widener Law Commonwealth Professor Jill E. Family commented on ways to improve the function of immigration courts). A similar story appeared 4/14 in the York Daily Record, The Evening Sun, and Chambersburg Public Opinion.
- Judge convicts girl in death of Amy Joyner-Francis — WPVI-TV (ABC) (4/13 — Coverage of verdict in Howard High School bathroom beating. Delaware Law Lecturer at Law Romie Griesmer was interviewed for afternoon broadcast). Griesmer was also interviewed on WCAU-TV (NBC), with no link available.
- Chandlee Kuhn appointed director of work-based learning for Del Tech effective May 1 — Cape Gazette (4/18 — Coverage of Delaware Law School alumna Chandlee Johnson Kuhn, former chief judge of Delaware Family Court, taking a new professional assignment)
- McCoy & Welch lead golf at Arcadia Invitational
- Women’s swimming places three on Inquirer Academic All-Area Team
- Jeff Hicks earns Philadelphia Inquirer Academic All-Area recognition
- Softball’s Gosselin and Rabuck earn MAC Commonwealth weekly awards
Events on main campus:
- Spring preview day
- Softball vs. Penn State Brandywine; doubleheader 4 and 6 p.m.; Home
- Women’s lacrosse vs. Arcadia; 7 p.m.; Home