In the News:
- Delaware Law Dean Rod Smolla was interviewed about the Supreme Court nomination on WDDE-FM, the segment aired on Morning Edition on 2/2. The interview will also air on The Green on Sunday.
- Experts: Trump’s Supreme Court choice won’t majorly change court decisions – CBS21 (2/2 – Commonwealth Law Professor Michael Dimino provided expert commentary)
- What Could Gorsuch Mean for the Supreme Court? – Politico Magazine (2/1 – Delaware Law Professor John Culhane weighs in on the nomination for Supreme Court)
- A Law Professor’s Measured Take On Neil Gorsuch And Why Originalism Is Full Of Sh*t – Wonkette (2/1 – A piece by Delaware Law Professor Mary Brigid McManamon)
- In #MuslimBan aftermath, here’s how Delaware universities have spoken out – Technically Delaware (2/1 – Mention of the statement from Widener President Julie E. Wollman and the upcoming discussion with local immigration attorney Elise Fialkowski)
- Comparison of Nurses’ Self-Reported and Objectively Measured Evidence-Based Practice Knowledge – The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing (2/1 – Darrell Spurlock, an associate professor and scholarship director in the School of Nursing was an author)
- Black History Month / 2 Year Budget Planning? – Smart Talk (2/1 – Mention of the event Widener Commonwealth Law School is hosting with Alan Spears, of the National Parks Conservation Association)
- Is the Public Nuisance Universe Expanding? – Bloomberg BNA (1/31 – Distinguished Emeritus Professor at Delaware Law Jean Eggen was quoted)
- Delco Bar Association announces new president – Delaware County Daily Times (1/31 – Robert R. DeLong taught at Widener University’s Legal Education Institute)
- Softball Selected Second in MAC Commonwealth Preseason Poll
- Women’s Basketball: Lebanon Valley 70, Widener 49
- Men’s Basketball: Lebanon Valley 79, Widener 73
- Vote Widener’s Sam Smith for GEICO College Basketball Play of the Year!