In the News:
- Cityteam and Widener celebrate clinic anniversary – Delaware County Daily Times (1/31 – Feature story on the fifth anniversary of the Widener Community Nursing Clinic. Dr. Stephen Wilhite, provost and senior vice president for academic affairs, and Emily Gear, a student in the School of Nursing, were quoted. The anniversary celebration was also featured on the evening news broadcast on WPVI-TV (ABS) and WTXF-TV (FOX) on 1/30)
- Matt Hirsch, an immigration adjunct professor at Delaware Law School, was interviewed by Allan Loudell on WDEL-AM on 1/30 about Trump’s executive order.
- DuPont’s PFOA trials are off to a shaky start – c&en (1/30 – Lawrence Hamermesh, a professor at Delaware Law, was quoted)
- University of Pittsburgh and University City Science Center in Philadelphia Join Forces to Commercialize Early-Stage Technologies – StreetInsider.com (1/30 – Mention of a project Jonathan Akins, assistant professor of biomedical engineering, worked on)
- Immigration expert discusses president’s executive orders – abc27.com (1/30 – Jill Family, a professor at Commonwealth Law, was interviewed during the morning news broadcast)
- Draining Due Process – Notice and Comment, a blog from the Yale Journal on Regulation and the ABA Section of Administrative Law & Regulatory Practice (1/29 – Guest post by Commonwealth Professor of Law and Government Jill Family on President Trump’s immigration executive orders)
- Super Bowl ticket prices are steep, but dropping – CNet (1/29 – Ross Steinman, associate professor of psychology, provided expert commentary)
- Academic All-Area Team – The Philadelphia Inquirer (No link available; see page D2 of the 1/28 edition for a list of the 2015-16 Inquirer Overall Team, which includes three Widener student-athletes that were named Player of the Year: Bob Barnett (baseball), Alie Alkins (softball), and Thomas Zamorski (track and field). Several other students were also recognized)
- Sambo Named MAC Commonwealth Player of the Week for Second Time
- MAC Commonwealth Unveils Women’s Lacrosse Preseason Poll
- Vote Widener’s Sam Smith for GEICO College Basketball Play of the Year!