In the News
- Footage of the Poverty Simulation held Nov. 1 on Widener’s Main Campus was featured on the late night/early morning Nov. 2 Fox 29 newscast.
- The Widener University/NBC 10 High School Leadership Awards were featured on the early morning NBC 10 Nov. 2 newscast. Courtney Kelly, executive director of admissions, was shown presenting the award to high school senior Emily Rouse.
- Making the Most of International Volunteer and Learning Opportunities – PT in Motion magazine (November 2016 – Dr. Jill Black, associate professor of physical therapy, compares international service to community service, referencing the Chester Community PT Clinic)
- Events – The Legal Intelligencer (11/1 – News of Commonwealth Law’s Nov. 18 program to showcase eight model sustainability ordinances drafted by students)
- Delaware Law Dean Rodney Smolla was a guest on WDEL’s Delaware Afternoon News on Oct. 31; he talked about FBI Director James Comey and the Hillary Clinton e-mail case.
- Delaware’s Chancery Court could play role in AT&T-Time Warner merger – Delaware Public Media (10/30 – Ruby R. Vale Professor of Corporate and Business Law Lawrence A. Hamermesh is quoted in a story on the proposed merger between AT&T and Time Warner, and the atmosphere in Delaware courts for shareholder litigation.)
Events on Main Campus Today:
- OLLI Lunchtime Speaker Series – Phoenixville Women’s Outreach; 12 p.m., University Center Room C
- Lecture on James Joyce’s Ulysses; 4 p.m., University Center Room A
- Scoma Named ECAC South Region Rookie of the Week
- Three Field Hockey Players Earn All-MAC Commonwealth Laurels