- Today: Dr. Richard Cooper, clinical assistant professor of social work, will be interviewed on WURD-AM from 12:15-12:40 p.m. about the importance of Black Talk Radio in celebration of the station’s 13th anniversary.
In the News:
- A mention of the Pennsylvania Senate Democratic Policy committee roundtable discussion happening at Commonwealth Law today aired during the morning news broadcast on WPMT-TV (FOX) on 10/19.
- AG candidates to debate as Kathleen Kane faces criminal sentence – The Patriot-News (10/18 – Mention of the Attorney General debate to be held at Commonwealth Law)
- Trump Denials Are ‘Rape Myths and Stereotypes 101,’ Advocates Say – NBC News (10/18 – Dr. Shana Maier, a professor of criminal justice, provided expert commentary)
- New Jolts Await Consumers in Theme Park Injury Suits – Bloomberg Law (10/11 – Commonwealth Law Professor Christopher Robinette provided expert commentary)
Events on or near Main Campus Today:
- First Step Seminars; 9 a.m.; Widener SBDC
- Town Hall Meeting; 12 p.m.; Alumni Auditorium (It will be video-conferenced in the Delaware Ruby Vale Moot Court room at Delaware Law and Room 172 at Commonwealth Law)
- OLLI Wednesday Speaker Series – Camp Elder: The Strange Story of Westtown’s Union Paroled P.O.W. Camp; 12 p.m.; University Center, Room C
- Reading by Visiting Writer Patricia Engel; 4 p.m.; KLC 1
- Field Hockey vs. Alvernia; 7 p.m.; Home
Women’s Volleyball vs. Lycoming; 7 p.m.; Home
- Widener Enshrines Eight Individuals Into Athletics Hall of Fame
- Women’s Soccer: Alvernia 2, Widener 1