- Today: The debate in the race for Delaware’s House of Representatives seat, which is taking place at Delaware Law, will be broadcast live on WDEL (101.7 FM or 1150 AM) and on Delaware 105.9. It will air on WHYY-TV at 5 p.m.
- Today: Amber Baylor, director of the Veterans Law Clinic at Delaware Law, will be interviewed live on WDEL-AM’s Delaware News at Noon at 12:48 p.m. about the clinic’s new Military Mondays collaboration with Starbucks, a public service initiative benefiting veterans.
In the News:
- Widener Community Nursing Clinic Plants Seed for Healthy Living in Chester – Chester City Blog (10/13 – Story on the garden the Widener Community Nursing Clinic established at Cityteam to promote healthy living)
- Dr. Sarah Roth, associate professor of history, was interviewed on WHYY’s Radio Times on 10/12 about her research and digital archive on Nat Turner.
- Widener Professor from West Chester Honored for Innovation, Leadership – Vista Today (10/12 – Dr. Vicki Brown, a professor of civil engineering, was named a distinguished professor at Widener)
- Gehron Shares Research – Townlively.com (Gabrielle Gehron, a biomedical engineering sophomore, recently presented her research at the annual meeting of the National Biomedical Engineering Society)
Events at Delaware Law Today:
- Delaware U.S. House of Representatives Seat Debate; 8 a.m.; Ruby R. Vale Courtroom
Events on Main Campus Today: Homecoming events begin; click here for the full schedule!
- School of Business Finance Lab Grand Opening; 5:30 p.m.; Quick Center, Room 109
- Widener School of Nursing 50th Anniversary Celebration; 6 p.m.; Founder’s Hall Lobby
- Physics & Astronomy Club Classic Sci-Fi TV Night; 7 p.m.; Freedom Hall, Room 122
- Field Hockey: Widener 2, Wilkes 1
- Women’s Soccer: Albright 5, Widener 1
- Volleyball: Messiah 3, Widener 0