In the News:
- Commentary: More professors needed to teach nursing students – The Philadelphia Inquirer (8/24 – An op-ed by Dr. Barbara Patterson, a distinguished professor and director of the Ph.D. program in the School of Nursing)
- Widener rolls out the red carpet for returning students – Delaware County Daily Times (8/24 – A story on Freshman Move-In Day at Widener. President Julie E. Wollman and students that volunteered were quoted)
- Move-In Day for Widener University Freshmen – WPVI-TV (ABC) (8/23 – President Wollman was interviewed about Freshman Move-In Day for the noon broadcast, which also aired during the 4 o’clock, 5 o’clock, and 6 o’clock broadcasts on 8/23 and the morning broadcast on 8/24. The segment also featured a number of students moving in)
- Freshman Move-In Day at Widener University was also featured during the live morning broadcast on KYW-TV (CBS) on 8/23; one of the interview clips with Denise Gifford, associate provost and dean of students, appeared on MSN.com and Yahoo!. Catherine Feminella, assistant dean for student development and engagement, and Terrell Boggans, a freshman, were all interviewed live during the segment. It was also mentioned during the morning news broadcast on 8/24.
- Members of Kappa Sigma were interviewed live on WXTF-TV (FOX) during Freshman Move-In Day on the morning news broadcast, a similar clip aired during the evening news. Members of the Men’s Lacrosse team were interviewed about volunteering for move-in day on WCAU-TV (NBC) during the afternoon broadcast.
- Football Tabbed Fourth in MAC Preseason Poll
- Men’s Basketball Standouts Visit Spain With Global Sports Academy