- Harry Augensen, professor of physics and astronomy and director of the Widener Observatory, was interviewed on KYW-AM about Mars making its closest approach to Earth in more than a decade. His interview will air throughout the day on 5/20.
- Matt Hirsch, immigration law adjunct professor at Delaware Law, will be a guest on The Bob Burns Show on WOND-AM at 1:30 p.m. He will discuss he Obama administration immigration policy that is currently before the U.S. Supreme Court for review.
- Alison Alkins, elementary education and special education major and shortstop for the Widener University softball team, was interviewed on KYW-AM about being named valedictorian for the Class of 2016. Her interview will air throughout the day on 5/21.
In the News:
- Widener University partners with DelawareERANow – The News Journal (5/20 – The Family Health Law and Policy Institute at Delaware Law will provide advice on law and policy matters. Alicia Kelly, professor of law and co-director of the institute, was quoted)
- When law and religion collide – The News Journal (Op-ed by Delaware Law Professor Alan Garfield)
- What happens to messages sent from Legislature to federal lawmakers in D.C.? Usually, not much – Imtribune.com (5/16 – Available by subscription only; Wes Leckrone, associated professor of political science, provided expert commentary)
- Playing Nice Doesn’t Pay Off For GCs – Law360 (Ruby R. Vale Professor of Corporate and Business Law Lawrence Hamermesh was quoted)
Events on Main Campus Today:
- Graduate Student Commencement; 9 a.m.; Memorial Field
- Undergraduate Academic Awards; 3:30 p.m.; Alumni Auditorium
- Graduation Reception; 4:45 p.m.; University Center Atrium
Events on Saturday:
- Undergraduate Student Commencement; 9:45 a.m.; Memorial Field (If inclement weather, Field House at Schwartz Athletic Center)
- Delaware Law’s Annual Commencement Ceremony; 3 p.m.; Delaware Campus Lawn
Events on Sunday:
- Widener Law Commonwealth’s Annual Commencement Ceremony; 11 a.m.–12:30 p.m.; The Forum Auditorium, 500 Walnut Street, Harrisburg, Pa.
- Baseball: Widener 9, Ohio Wesleyan
- College Baseball – Delaware County Daily Times (5/20)
- Women’s Outdoor Track & Field Competes at Mideast Invite
- Harmon and Sorrell Lead Men’s Outdoor Track & Field at Mideast Invite