- Today: H. Albert Young Fellow in Constitutional Law John Culhane of Delaware Law and students Jennifer McCracken and Morgan Madden will be on WHYY’s television news magazine show “First” at 5:30 p.m. and again at 11 p.m. They will discuss their recent trip to Cuba through the school’s new “Business Transactions in Emerging Economies” class.
In the News:
- The power struggle behind the Garland Nomination – The News Journal (3/31 – Commentary piece by Alan Garfield, professor at Delaware Law)
- Students organize speed-friending brunch for older adults – Philadelphia Gay News (3/31 – Dr. Robin Goldberg Glen, professor of social work, and her students are featured for organizing a brunch to help older people in Philadelphia stay connected with each other.)
- Unleashing Knoxville’s Poetry Spring – Deep South Magazine (3/31 – Dr. Kenneth Pobo, professor of English and creative writing, is featured as a participant in the University of Tennessee’s “Poetry Spring” reading series)
- John Dernbach, distinguished professor at Commonwealth Law and director of the Environmental Law and Sustainability Center, was interviewed on the Pennsylvania Cable Network on 3/30.
- Jill Family, professor and director of the Law and Government Institute at Commonwealth Law, was featured on the Pennsylvania Cable Network’s coverage throughout the week of Commonwealth Law’s program focused on the state of Pennsylvania’s government.
- Sons and Daughters of Italy endow Widener scholarship – Delaware County Daily Times (3/30 – President Julie E. Wollman and Dr. Thomas Benedetti, an associate professor of Italian and Spanish, were quoted about the scholarship)
- Two Years In, Bouchard’s Tenure Marked by Improvements, Turnover – Delaware Business Court Insider (3/30 – Ruby R. Vale Professor of Corporate and Business Law Lawrence Hamermesh was quoted)
- The 3/30 edition of Delaware Law Weekly announced that the Delaware Law School is giving its alumna of the year award to attorney Yvonne Takvorian Saville. (No link available)
- Delaware Visiting Professor of Law Richard Herrmann was quoted in a 3/23 Delaware Law Weekly story that unveiled the new Delaware Judiciary website. (No link available)
- The March issue of the Delaware State Bar Association Bar Journal included a story on fundamental basics in cybersecurity written by Visiting Delaware Law Professor Richard Herrmann and his students. (No link available)
- Honors Week Student Presentations; 12 p.m.; University Center Webb Room
- Honors Convocation; 4 p.m.; Alumni Auditorium
- Stargazing; 8 p.m.; Widener Observatory
Events on Main Campus Saturday:
- Creative Placemaking Workshop on the use of food for community building; 9 a.m.–5 p.m.; Freedom Hall
Events on Main Campus Sunday:
- FreshBaked Theatre Presents: “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice;” 2–3 p.m.; Alumni Auditorium