Coming Up Today:
- Distinguished Professor John Culhane will appear in the 10 a.m. hour on Radio Times today to discuss the U.S. Supreme Court hearing oral arguments on gay marriage.
In the News:
- Distinguished Professor John Culhane appeared on WDEL News Radio on 4/27 at 5:35 p.m. to discuss the U.S. Supreme Court hearing oral arguments on gay marriage beginning today. He also appeared on American Law Journal at 7 p.m. to discuss this same topic. The show ran on CNN-News affiliate WFMZ-TV and has been mentioned in national media.
- There’s no real case against gay marriage – Politico Magazine (4/27 – Distinguished Professor John Culhane previewed the U.S. Supreme Court case on gay marriage; This article was also picked up by SCOTUS Blog and Real Clear Politics)
- Radnor schools spotlight science, math in first STEM night – Main Line Media News (4/27 – Dr. Nadine McHenry, professor of education, and Widener students took part in this event)
- Why your sex life affects how much money you make – Sheknows.com (4/27 – Dr. Philip Rutter, associate professor of human sexuality, provided expert commentary)
- Kevyn Orr leaving role as aide to Atlantic City emergency manager – Press of Atlantic City (4/27 – Law Professor Juliet M. Moringiello provided expert commentary)
- Midstate environmentalists burned up that most of us ignore global warming – ABC27 (4/23 – Scholar In Residence Don Brown of the Harrisburg Campus provided expert commentary)
- Widener University Senior Alicia Butko of Pottstown Receives Grant to Attend International Botany Conference
- Widener Communication Studies Department Honors Standout Students
Events on the Main Campus Today:
- Retirement benefits forum; 12 p.m., University Center Webb Room
Events on Harrisburg Campus Today:
- Student Awards Ceremony; 4 p.m., Administration Building, A180