In the News:
- Delco events are scheduled for King’s birthday – The Philadelphia Inquirer (1/15 – Mention of the Annual Commemorative Service sponsored by the Black Student Union at Widener in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- Community Briefs – Delaware County Daily Times (1/14 -Wendy Ruderman and Barbara Laker, the Philadelphia Daily News reporters who earned the 2010 Pulitzer Prize, will speak at Widener)
- Eric Bodenweiser’s lawyer talks plea bargain in memo – The News Journal (1/14 – Tom Reed, law professor emeritus, provided expert commentary)
- Woman Crush Wednesday: Everyday Feminism’s Melissa Fabello – Phillymag.com (1/14 – Melissa Fabello is a student in human sexuality program at Widener)
- Editorial: Another reason to treasure Jason McClay’s memory – Delaware County Daily Times (1/14 – Rite Aid joins Widener University, the City of Chester, and the Riverfront Alliance of Delaware County in purchasing and installing a network of security cameras in the areas of Chester)
- Shelbi Edwards named to dean’s list – MyEasternShoreMD (1/13)
- Dr. Virginia Brabender, professor of clinical psychology, was quoted in the German edition of Reader’s Digest in January.
Events on or near Main Campus today:
- “Chester Made” Artist-Facilitator Ensemble Auditions; 6:30-8:30 p.m.; Grace Community United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall (1213 Central Avenue, Chester, Pa.)
- Katie Koestner, founder of the Take Back the Night Foundation, will speak about alcohol, sexual assault, and responsible decision making at 7 p.m. in Alumni Auditorium. Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to attend the event.
- Sambo Named ECAC South Division III Co-Rookie of the Week
- Five Named Players to Watch By Collegiate Baseball; Widener Baseball Receives Pre-Season Votes
- Men’s Indoor Track & Field Ranked No. 25 in the Preseason USTFCCCA Poll
- Men’s Basketball: Alvernia 86, Widener 65
- Women’s Basketball: Alvernia 78, Widener 74