In the News:
- Will voters’ anger with incumbent effect Pa. judicial retention votes? – The Patriot-News (11/4 – Wes Leckrone, associate professor of political science, provided expert commentary)
- Cooper Tire heads to court to save Apollo deal – Reuters (11/4 – Ruby R. Vale Professor of Corporate and Business Law Lawrence Hamermesh provided expert commentary in this Reuters story, which also appeared on CNBC and Yahoo!)
- Bench Press: Supreme Court wrestles with prayer at public meetings – News Journal (11/4 – An op-ed on prayer at public meetings by Distinguished Law Professor Alan Garfield*)
- Law Professor John Culhane was interviewed live on WDEL-AM during the afternoon broadcast on 11/4 regarding Planned Parenthood appealing Texas’ abortion restrictions to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Widener DPT Student Earns Leadership Award – Advance for Physical Therapy and Rehab Medicine (11/4 – Christopher Carroll received the 2013 Student Leadership Award from the Pennsylvania Physical Therapy Association)
- Al-Jazeera Asks Supreme Court to Clarify Chancery Rule – Delaware Business Court Insider (10/30 – Law Professor Lawrence Hamermesh was quoted*)
Events on Main Campus today:
- Hospitality Lunch Series; 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.; Marriott Dining Room
*This article is available by online subscription only, as there is now a pay wall on the site allowing only a certain amount of views.